Saturday, December 5, 2009

Something Sweet




This cake is fantastic and simple to make.
I found the recipe in an old issue of Good Food magazine, but I have reduced the amount of sugar since the original recipe was far too sweet.
It's so simple that everybody can do it and it takes just 15 mins to prepare.
I have used tinned pineapple rings, since me didn't have the fresh fruit, when using fresh pineapple I usually double the amount of butter and sugar of the topping.
I added some cherries in syrup only for decoration.
I have also used some aluminum foil to cover the base of the 20 cm cake tin (I use loose bottom cake tin) to catch the juice that might fall from it.

PINEAPPLE CAKE

for the topping:
25g butter
25g lighte basterdsuiker (soft sugar)
7 pineapples rings

for the cake:
100g butter
75g golden caster sugar
100g flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs

For the topping, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Spread over the base and on the sides of the cake tin. Arrange pineapple rings on top.
Place the cake ingredients in a bowl with 2 tbsp of the pineapple syrup and beat them until you have a creamy texture (I used an electronic wisk, it's much easier and quicker). Spoon into the tin on top of the pineapple. Bake for 30-40 mins in a warm oven at 180 degrees. Leave to stand for 5 mins and then turn out onto a plate. I served it lukewarm with a scoop of mascarpone, but vanilla ice cream would be much better :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment